Reuben Casserole Recipe
I love Reuben sandwiches and wanted to have another way of enjoying this hearty treat. So I created this casserole using a homemade Thousand Islands dressing without the mayo. It takes some pre-planning but is very well worth it. Enjoy!
Cost per serving $2.05 view details
- 6 slices rye bread, toasted and cubed
- 1 can sauerkraut
- 1/2 pound deli sliced corned beef
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ketchup, vinegar, sugar, relish, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for several hours (mixing several times).
- Toast and cube bread saving crumbs
- Place bread cubes in casserole and top with sauerkraut, then beef.
- Stir topping thoroughly and spread evenly over beef.
- Tent casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake un-covered for 10 minutes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 170g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 104||39%|
|Total Fat 11.76g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5.2g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.15g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|