Aunt Helen's EZ Baked Bean Recipe
Aunt Helen gave this recipe to my mother who modified it slightly. My mother gave it to my sister who modified it slightly. My sister gave it to me and I modified it to suit my taste. It is quite tasty and rivals the more complex and difficult recipes that I have for Boston Baked Beans. In less than an hour and a half you can have delicious baked beans for your dinner, picnic, pot luck or poker game.
- 3 cans (16 oz each) Beans (any kind that you like)
- 6 strips Bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Mustard
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tbs King™ Syrup
- 2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce (because I put WS in everything)
- Open beans and put into strainer to drain the liquid.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Fry bacon until crisp then remove to cool.
- Turn off burner and add onions to bacon grease and allow to fry briefly.
- Add Ketchup, mustard, brown sugar King™ syrup and Worcestershire sauce. Stir together.
- Add beans and crumpled bacon and stir well. (Optionally you can lay the bacon on the top if you are into that sort of thing)
- Dump into casserole and heat in oven about 1 hour or until your kitchen really smells good.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 66g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 73||52%|
|Total Fat 8.17g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.64g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.74g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|