Frizzed Beef Gravy Recipe
Also known as Creamed Dry Beef it is a breakfast staple among the Pennsylvania Dutch and is often served as a luncheon treat over a split baked potato. This is NOT S.O.S. it is what S.O.S. aspires to be.
Cost per serving $0.43 view details
- 8 oz Dried Beef
- 4 cups Milk
- ½ quarter pound stick Butter
- ½ cup Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Melt butter in pan and add Dried Beef cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Cook 2-4 minutes until meat is lightly crisp and the butter has turned brown.
- Add 3½ cups Milk and salt and pepper to taste then bring to a boil.
- Mix flour and ½ cup of Milk together and add it to the pan until it begins to thicken. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Add Worstershire sauce to taste (I use 3 shakes)
- Serve over toast or home-fried potatoes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 215g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 167||59%|
|Total Fat 18.73g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 10.19g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.31g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|