Peaches and Cream - Southern Style Recipe
"James and the Giant Peach" firm was our inspiration for this recipe Peaches and Cream - Southern Style. This firm was a hit when it was released in 1996, with it's fun characters traveling in a giant peach. Enjoyed by kids and adults, much like our recipe. Summer peaches are a "reel" treat, and we have done them up right - southern style! Don't wait too long, peaches will not be available soon, and you won't want to miss preparing this totally yummy dessert. Enjoy our film clip from "James and the Giant Peach" while eating our peachy dish. It doesn't get much better than this folks!
- Peach Mixture
- 5 giant (large) fresh peaches - peeled and sliced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whipped Cream Mixture
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mixture for Peaches Over Heat
- 1 Tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon corn starch - mix with 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust (unroll and bake)
- 2 Tablespoons roasted chopped walnuts (heat walnuts in a 400 degree oven for 7 minutes
- Add sliced fresh peaches, lemon juice, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon to a large bowl. Stir gently. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Over high heat add peaches, corn starch and water, and butter to a sauce pan. Stir. After it boils, lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Unfold 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust over a glass pie dish. Press crust along bottom and sides. Use a fork to make indents around rim of dish and cut off any excess dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour peach mixture into pie shell and bake for 30 minutes. After baking remove from oven and let cool for 40 minutes.
- Place walnuts in the 400 degree oven in baking pan for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Chill mixing bowl to use for whipped topping.
- Add heavy whipped cream to chilled bowl. Using an electric mixer. Whip heavy cream until it thickens and you can form soft peaks, but don't over whip. Add sugar, brandy, and vanilla. Whip until blended with soft peaks.
- Use a pastry bag, large plastic baggie or spoon to add whipped topping around edges of peaches. Make a nice peak in the middle. Add walnuts around edges and on top.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 208g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 136||38%|
|Total Fat 15.28g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 7.32g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.29g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|