Old Fashion Hot and Juicy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Cinnamon dates back to about 2800 BC in Chinese writings. It is believed to have medical value, and equal in value to the price of silver In Medieval times, cinnamon was used I treat coughing, and colds.. The spice was considered valuable to preserve meats which inhibit growth of bacteria. Today, it is used in many recipes and dishes. This recipe, is one I designed is moist and delicious.
Oven at 375 degrees.
- 2 pkg. yeast
- 1/2 C. warm water
- 1/2 C. scalded milk ( cooled)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour
- 3/4 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 2-3 T. cinnamon
- 1 to 1 1/2 C. raisins
- 3/4 - 1 C. chopped walnuts
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 4 T. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 T. hot water
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside
- in Large mixing bowl, blend together milk. butter, salt and eggs. Use mixer. Add 1/2 the flour and mix well.
- Pour in the yeast mixture. Add in remaining flour; make sure the dough is blended and easy to handle.
- Knead dough on floured board for about 8 minutes
- Place in a well greased bowl; cover and let rise until doubled; about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- When doubled in size, punch down dough, rollout on a floured surface. About 15 x 9 rectangle.
- Spread butter over entire dough; mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over butter. Spread evenly the raisins, walnuts or anything else you desire. Do not skimp here.
- Roll up the dough pinches the edges as you go. Cut into about 15-17 pieces.
- Coat well a 9 x 13 pan with butter and sprinkled with sugar. Place cinnamon slices side by side; let rise again till doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes . You should see some browning on edges. Let cool.
- Mix the topping using butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add the water. Stir until the consistency is pleasing to you. Drizzle over cooled rolls. Serve..
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 112g|
|Recipe makes 17 servings|
|Calories from Fat 98||25%|
|Total Fat 11.24g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5.54g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 69.26g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|