Joy of Cooking's Peach Pie I. Recipe
Cost per serving $0.26 view details
- Pie Dough
- 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Fresh peach halves
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Prepare crust and place into pie plate
- Combine and blend well the egg(s), flour, sugar, and butter
- Set aside
- Halve, peel, and pit tree-ripened peaches
- Place them cut-side up in the pie shell.
- Pour filling mixture over the top of the peaches.
- Add a basic streudel topping if desired (optional--not in original recipe)
- Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees F, then reduce the heat to 300 degrees F and bake about 50 minutes longer.
- Serve hot or, if cold, garnish with Whipped Cream.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 55g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 73||43%|
|Total Fat 8.28g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 5.04g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.09g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|