Sauteed Swiss Chard with Onions Recipe
This is Yummy and makes your Swiss Chard taste the best it can. This is a four-star recipe from Epicurious. The picture shows brown bits that might be mistaken for bacon; those are the caramelized onion pieces. By the way, I fixed a baked potato with butter and sour cream and put a mound of this on top; it pretty much rocked.
- 3 lbs. Green Swiss Chard (About 2 large bunches)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Cut stems and center ribs from chard, discarding any tough portions, then cut stems and ribs crosswise into 2-inch pieces. Stack chard leaves and roll up lengthwise into cylinders. Cut cylinders crosswise to make 1-inch-wide strips.
- Heat oil and butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook onions and garlic with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, covered, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Add chard stems and ribs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until stems are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chard leaves in batches, stirring until wilted before adding next batch, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a serving bowl.
- Cooks' notes:
- Â· Chard can be washed, dried, and cut 2 days ahead and chilled in sealed bags lined with dampened paper towels.
- Â· Chard can be cooked 4 hours ahead and reheated over low heat on stove or in a microwave oven.
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sauteed-Swiss-Chard-with-Onions-240560#ixzz2JbZArvjb
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 377g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 116||60%|
|Total Fat 13.19g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 4.69g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.76g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.9g||20%|