Italian Meatballs Recipe
Cost per serving $1.27 view details
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 eggs
- 8 slices of white bread
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 TBSP dried parsley
- 2 TBSP dried basil
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Saute onions and garlic on medium heat in a tablespoon of olive oil until translucent.
- Cut the crust off the bread and dice into cubes.
- Wet the bread cubes with water and maintain enough moisture to hold a ball shape.
- Place wet bread in a mixer bowl.
- Add eggs and mix until bread is not lumpy.
- Add onions, garlic, parmesan, parsley, basil and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Put ground beef, sausage and onion mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix together with hands until consistent.
- Roll into balls.
- Bake on cookie sheets with sides at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Add to sauce.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 223g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 246||71%|
|Total Fat 27.31g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 10.73g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.29g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|