Incredible, Skinny Roasted Garlic Mashers Recipe
This recipe is it! These are one of my favorite ways to make mashed potatoes. And for garlic lovers, a dream come true. When you roast garlic it has a slightly sweet, nutty flavor. They taste just like the rich decadent potatoes you get in a 5 star restaurant only skinnier. The skinny for 1 serving is only 94 calories, 3.6 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. The full fat recipe has 400 calories and 23 grams of fat.
- 1 pound red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chunks,
- Â½ head garlic
- Â¾ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate Â½ head of garlic into individual cloves. Do not peel. Toss in olive oil and wrap tightly in small piece of aluminum foil.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes.
- While the garlic is roasting, add potatoes to a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer covered until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and add back to the hot pot. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or fork.
- Remove garlic from oven and set aside to cool. When garlic has cooled, squeeze it out of the âpaperâ shell of the individual cloves. Mash the peeled garlic with a fork.
- To the pot of mashed potatoes, add mashed garlic, sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Mix together ingredients until smooth. Turn the flame on low to heat thoroughly before serving. Adjust with a little more salt or pepper, as desired.
- Roasted garlic mashers can be prepared a few days in advance and heated on the stove top or in the microwave before serving.
- Serves 6 (Â½ cup serving)
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 90g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 48||47%|
|Total Fat 5.46g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.09g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.44g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|