Dhal/Lentil And Radish Gravy Recipe
Dhal with radish, spices and milk levels up the spicy, tangy and creamy flavors.
Servings: 4 person
Cost per serving $0.60 view details
- 1 cup split yellow mung dhal/green beans - soaked for 1/2 hour
- and drained.
- 1 medium size radish - remove skin and cut into match stick size.
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk/cream
- 6 garlic - remove skin and cut into two pieces
- 4 shallots - chopped
- 1 tomato - sliced into pieces
- 3-4 dried chilies - cut into pieces
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- Add dhal, radish, tomato, and turmeric powder into a pot.
- Pour enough water and simmer to soften dhal and radish.
- Heat oil in another pan and sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add fenugreek seeds and garam masala.
- Quick stir and tip into the dhal mixture.
- Pour in coconut milk and lime juice.
- Season with salt.
- Continue to simmer for a while and remove from heat.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 139g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 148||43%|
|Total Fat 17.13g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 6.25g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.26g|
|Total Carbs 36.63g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.8g||46%|