Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
This recipe of Chinese Chicken Salad is one of my favorite recipes of Chinese Salad, it has trucks of fresh greens, and vegetables and grilled chicken served with fried wonton wrappers. Now in India also, at Gourmet Food Stores you can easily find readymade Wonton Wrappers or Spring Roll Pastry, it is one must item in my refrigerator, it comes real handy while making wontons or spring rolls for large gathering and lot of time saved with these readymade sheets.
- For Salad:
- 5 Wonton Wrappers, cut into 1⁄4" strips
- ½ Cup Bok Choy, cored and shredded
- 3 - 4 Lettuce Leaves, roughly shredded
- 1 Chicken Breasts
- ½ Cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 - 4 Sprig of Spring Onion Greens, Cut into finger size
- Oil for frying
- For Salad Dressing:
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. Asian Sesame Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ Tbsp. Honey
- ½ Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper, as per taste
- For Garnish:
- 1 Thai chile, thinly sliced
- Roasted crushed peanuts
- Clean, wash and dry the chicken breast. Cut diagonally into thin strips, season with salt and pepper and roast over hot grill/barbecue/pan.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the wonton wrappers until crisp. Transfer to paper towel and keep aside.
- For making the dressing whisk together oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime, honey, sesame seeds, and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper; set dressing aside.
- Arrange peppers, carrots, onion and cucumbers in a salad bowl. Combine cabbage, lettuce, spring onion, chicken, cilantro and sprinkle over other vegetables.
- Drizzle with dressing. Garnish with chiles, sesame seeds, peanuts, and wonton strips. Alternatively, toss everything together in a bowl.