Tea-Time Orange Cake Recipe
With some Kinnow Oranges in hand, the first and the obvious recipe choice was a Tea-Time Orange Cake. The tanginess of oranges, the subtle sweet notes and the bitterness of orange zest make this Orange Cake a perfect tea time treat.
Cost per serving $0.27 view details
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 Cup yogurt
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Juice of one orange
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Ingredients to serve
- 1 tbsp Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1/4 Cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan with butter and dust it with a tablespoon of flour. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, olive oil, egg, juice, orange zest and vanilla extract in a bowl using hand mixer for 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Add sugar in the liquid mixture and whisk again for another 5 minutes at medium speed.
- In small batches add the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Fold the batter using a rubber spatula. make sure no flour streaks remain in the batter.
- Once the batter is nicely combines pour it into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 - 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, poke small 2 - 3 tiny holes in the cake using a toothpick. Pour orange juice over the cake. Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve Tea-Time Orange Cake with orange segments.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||36%|
|Total Fat 7.74g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.29g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.81g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|