Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Artichoke, Lemon, and Goat Cheese Recipe
I'm often tempted to order stuffed chicken breast when I go to a restaurant because it sounds so good...but I usually opt for something more exotic like seafood or quail. So I decided to try making a great stuffed chicken breast at home. I succeeded! You will definitely enjoy these if you like the basic ingredients. The artichoke, lemon and goat cheese add wonderful rich flavors to the chicken without over powering it. Easy enough to make for the family but pretty and tasty enough to serve to guests.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (3oz) package herbed goat cheese
- 4 (6oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine first 6 ingredients and stir.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap and pound to 1/4 thick using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Top each piece with 2 Tbsp of the cheese mixture and roll up like a jelly roll. Tuck in the sides and secure each with wooden tooth picks (two per).
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray or olive oil over medium high. Add chicken to pan and cook 3 minutes on each side till browned. Wrap handle in foil and bake at 375F for 15 minutes until chicken is done.
- Note: the chicken I bought was bigger than 6oz per half breast...almost half again as large. I still rolled up each breast, and served a full breast to the big eaters and cut them in half for the smaller eaters (including me).
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 133g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||10%|
|Total Fat 1.66g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.43g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 5.32g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|