Chicken and Veggies Stir Fry, Low Calorie and Super Yummy Recipe
Stir frys make a terrific weeknight dinner since they come together really quickly and can be made healthy too. This skinny one is chock full of broccoli, pea pods, carrots, cabbage, onions and lean chicken breasts. The skinny for 1 huge, fiber rich serving, 264 calories, 6 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- Ingredients for Stir Fry:
- 2 cup broccoli florets, cut in half
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 5 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups Chinese pea pods (snow peas) sliced in half
- 1¾ cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water for stir frying
- Ingredients for Sauce:
- ⅓ cup plus reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, mined
- 2 teaspoons ginger (from a jar)
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- First prep all vegetables and dice the chicken. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick wok or pan with cooking spray. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in pan. Add broccoli, onions and carrots and water. Saute over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is soft. Add cabbage and chicken. Saute another 2 minutes until soft. Turn down to medium heat, stir in pea pods and sauce mixture. Stir fry for about 2 minutes until all heated through. Stir constantly to blend everything.
- 4. Store any leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
- Makes 4 servings. (each serving, 2 cups)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 350g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 103||35%|
|Total Fat 11.56g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2.56g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.19g|
|Total Carbs 26.76g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.9g||20%|