Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp olive oil ( buy it here )
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make buttermilk
- 1 Cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp white vinegar/lemon juice
- To serve the pancake
- Organic honey
- Pistachio slivers
- To prepare the pancake, first prepare the buttermilk. In milk stir vinegar or lemon juice, let it sit at room temperature for 5 - 10 minutes. You will notice milk will cuddle. This is the buttermilk you require for the pancake.
- Meanwhile sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt in a mixing bowl.
- If you are adding sugar than mix the sugar with the flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- Whisk together in a separate bowl egg, buttermilk, olive oil and vanilla essence for 5 minute or till combined well.
- Now make well in the centre of the flour mixture, add the liquid ingredients and gently fold till all combined well. No streaks of flour should remain in the batter. Let the batter rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Heat non stick pancake pan ( buy it here ) over medium heat. Grease it with 1/4 tsp of olive oil. Pour a large spoonful of batter in the pan. If the batter is not spreading around, gently spread it with the back of the spoon.
- Cook on one side till air bubbles appear on top and edges turn brown. Flip the pancake and cook from the other side. Similarly cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve the Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancake with a drizzle of honey and pistachio slivers.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 77g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||30%|
|Total Fat 4.7g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.37g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.69g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|