Tomato Chutney Recipe
Refreshing and robust tomato chutney, derived from an exciting mix of fresh tomatoes, spices, curry leaves and zesty flavor of lemon juice.
Servings: 3 person
Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 3 medium size tomatoes - blanched to soften and mashed
- 1/2 inch ginger - chopped
- 3 shallots - chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafetida/hing powder
- 2 dried chilies - snipped into tiny pieces
- 1 tsp plain chili powder (or as per taste)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (or as per taste)
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- In the heated oil, sauté ginger, shallots and dried chilies.
- Add chili and turmeric powder.
- Stir in and add mashed tomatoes and curry leaves.
- Stir one more time.
- Pour in lemon juice, 2 tbsp of water (to dilute a bit) and season with salt.
- Give a good stir and remove from heat.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 152g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||69%|
|Total Fat 10.05g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 0.86g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 9.69g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|