The Stinking Rose ® 40 Clove Garlic Chicken Recipe
You heard it right. 40 cloves! But don’t let that number scare you, because they add just the right amount of zest and aroma to make this one of The Stinking Rose’s® most popular dishes!
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 lbs. Roasting Chicken, washed and cut into pieces
- to taste Salt and Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Cup Flour
- 40 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Heat butter and olive oil in a deep, heavy skillet.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss in flour.
- When the pan is hot, but not smoking, add the chicken, skin side down.
- SautÃ© chicken until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add garlic cloves and sautÃ© until light brown.
- Add white wine and chicen stock. Return chicken to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm, turn heat to high and reduce liquid by 66%. Remove to blender, add cream and puree sauce. Adjust seasoning and serve over chicken.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner