Sausage, Egg & Fried Tomato Sandwich Recipe
Cornmeal fried ripe tomato topped with sausage & fried egg. The runny yolk adds just enough to not need condiments. Versatile breakfast sandwich for any time of the day.
Cost per serving $0.51 view details
- For the fried tomato:
- 1 tomato, sliced 1/4â³ thick
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 4 sausage patties
- 4 eggs
- 12 fresh parsley leaves, washed
- 4 potato slider rolls
- In a saute pan heat 2-3 tablespoons canola oil.
- Toast your potato slider rolls.
- Dredge the tomato slices in flour (dusting off any excess), then egg, then finally coating it in corn meal and placing in the hot saute pan. Brown each side of the tomato, about 3 minutes on both sides or until a crispy golden brown. Place one on top of each bottom of slider roll.
- Rinse saute pan, add sausage patties and brown over medium heat until cooked through fully, flipping half way through. About 4 minutes per side. Place cooked sausage patties on top of fried tomato.
- In same pan, without wiping clean, fry each egg until whites are no longer translucent but yolks are still runny. Place fried egg on top of sausage patty.
- Place about 3 parsley leaves on top of the egg and then top with other half of potato roll. Serve hot.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 107g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 54||25%|
|Total Fat 6.03g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.78g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.81g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|