Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon & Brown Butter Lobster Risotto Recipe
Juicy, tender filet mignon wrapped in bacon & broiled to perfection paired with a creamy, lobster risotto, cooked in brown butter & brandy and finished off with white truffle oil.
Servings: 2 steaks
Cost per serving $9.32 view details
- For the Risotto:
- 1 lb frozen lobster tails, thawed
- 5-6 cups lobster broth (could use chicken stock as a replacement)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Sea salt
- For the Filet Mignon:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 filet mignons, 1 1/2â³ thick
- 4 slices bacon
- salt & pepper
- To make the risotto - Place your lobster stock (or chicken) in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, turn to low to keep hot.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the lobster tails and boil for about 10 minutes. The shells will curl. Drain and set aside on a cutting board until cool enough to handle. Using a sharp knife, split the tails in half lengthwise. Remove the meat then cut into 1/2â³ pieces.
- In a large saute pan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Cook until butter begins to turn brown & starts to foam, 1-2 minutes. Add the shallots & saute until tender & beginning to brown. Add the rice and stir to coat, let cook for about a minute. Add the brandy & simmer until almost all of liquid has evaporated.
- Then begin adding your stock, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir constantly until stock is almost completely absorbed then add another. 1/2 cup stock. Continue in this manner until the rice is tender but still firm to bite, about 20-30 minutes. The amount of stock will vary, I like to have extra just in case. When rice is almost cooked add 2 teaspoons of truffle oil and continue cooking as normal, adding lobster broth.
- Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt & pepper to taste, add the chives & lobster meat, mix lightly.
- To plate, add a spoonful of taleggio cheese sauce using a 2 oz ladle, place the risotto on top & drizzle remaining teaspoon of truffle oil evenly among the two plates. Top off with the bacon wrapped filet mignon.
- To make the filet mignon - Preheat the broiler.
- Melt butter, parsley & onion powder together. Wrap each filet with two slices of bacon (enough to wrap all the way around), holding with toothpick if necessary.
- Place on foil lined broiler pan, season well with salt & pepper.
- Brush the tops with half of the butter mixture and broil 3-4â³ from heat, about 8 minutes on each side for medium. While flipping the steaks brush again with remaining butter mixture.
- Plate on top of the lobster risotto.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 488g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 915||52%|
|Total Fat 102.63g||128%|
|Saturated Fat 46.55g||186%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 113.58g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|