Russiam Mushroom and Potato Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $0.89 view details
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth (I use Veg broth)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoonground black pepper
- 1bay leaf
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pound fresh Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pund Shitaki musrooms (optional)
- 1 cuphalf-and-half
- 1/4 cupall-purpose flour ( I use Weat flour)
- fresh dill weed, for garnish (optional)
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix in leeks and carrots, and cook 5 minutes. Pour in broth. Season with parsley, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Mix in potatoes, cover, and cook 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender but firm. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Melt the remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the mushrooms 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir into the soup.
- In a small bowl, mix the half-and-half and flour until smooth. Stir into the soup to thicken.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with fresh dill to serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 236g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||39%|
|Total Fat 5.08g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 3.11g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.13g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|