Roasted Vegetable and Kale Salad Recipe
Saturday morning is my time to grocery shop. Will change to mid-week when I retire. It is easy to overlook Saturday and Sunday lunches because of weekend errands so I make a note on the menu pad to plan for weekend lunches.
We eat lite lunches. Salads fit the bill. I decided to pick up a bunch of veggies to incorporate as a salad. I like making these types of salads because the chopping/dicing is cathartic, for me anyway. All the ingredients are organic.
I hope you enjoy this easy to prepare lunch salad. You can also use as a side or add a protein to serve as dinner. (I add Cod, Salmon, Flounder, or Tofu.)
- Kale - multi color - 10-12 oz of a pound bag
- Peppers - three
- Cremini Mushrooms - 8 oz.
- Purple Onion - one medium
- Garbanzo Beans - cup dried
- Celery - three stalks
- Broccoli - one medium head - used the stems too
- Carrots - three
- Jalapeño - 1/seeded and veined
- Red Pepper Flakes - half tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1 tsp/maybe a little more
- Onion Powder - 1 tsp/maybe a little more
- Ground Black Pepper - 1 tsp/maybe a little more
- Ground Pink Himalayan Salt - half to 3/4 tsp
- Bunch of Radishes (not packaged)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - enough to coat the veggies before roasting
- Soak the Garbanzo beans overnight. Next morning, rinse and slow cook for 6 hours. I did not use aromatics this time.
- Chop all the veggies and combine with the Garbanzo Beans and pour enough Olive Oil to coat then mix thoroughly.
- Add the spices except for the Red Pepper Flakes. Stir to coat.
- Spread the veggies out on a cookie sheet and set the oven to 400.
- Put the Kale in the same mixing bowl, coat with Olive Oil and place in a sided pan. Add the Red Pepper Flakes, mix. Sprinkle additional (same) spices over the Kale and mix to coat.
- I peek inside the oven around the 20 minute mark to see if the roasting is done. Anyway, remove the pan when the ingredients are roasted to your liking.
- Sauté the Kale on stove-top while the veggies are roasting. My Babe and I like Kale al dente.
- Chop the Radishes and set aside.
- Combine the veggies and Kale. Mix. Plate and top with Radishes.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 169g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||13%|
|Total Fat 2.54g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.42g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.59g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||26%|