Netta Belle's Choice Lemon Bar-B-Que Chicken Breasts Recipe
Chicken breasts are marinated in lemon juice, lemon zest and herbs. A tantalizing barbecue chicken without the heavy sweet sauce. My attempt to slim down a chicken entree.
2007-2014 Netta Belle's Choice cookbookinabox "Reg.U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off." Reg. "Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office." nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All Rights Reserved.
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest (grated lemon rind)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried whole rosemary Fresh parsley or rosemary sprigs to garnish.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 3-4 strips.
- Place in a shallow glass bowl.
- Make the marinade, also referred to as the barbecue sauce.
- Mix the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and spices in a small glass mixing bowl.
- Whisk to thoroughly blend.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken strips.
- Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven broiler or grill.
- Place chicken strips on broiler pan which has been cover with aluminum foil if using in the oven broiler.
- Broil or grill for 6-8 minutes, until the juices run clear or 170 F.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 56g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 163||82%|
|Total Fat 18.45g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 2.62g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 1.22g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|