Mary's Sugar Cookies* Recipe
An easy rolled sugar cookies with creamy icing to enjoy for any holiday. Make them as shamrocks for March 17, hearts for valentines, pumpkins for Holloween and stars for Christmas.
*This is a recipe from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book, 1971.
2007-2014 Netta Belle's Choice cookbookinabox "Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off." All rights reserved.
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal Flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Easy Creamy Icing
- 1 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cream or 1 tablespoon water
- tint with food coloring: green for shamrocks
- Mix sugar and butter.
- Add egg and flavoring.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Mix flour by dipping method, blend soda and cream of tartar in flour.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat over 375 F.
- Divide dough in half and roll out 3/16-inch think on lightly floured pastry board.
- Cut dough with cooky cutter; sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased pan.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until delicately golden.
- Blend sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Add cream to make it spreadable.
- Tint icing with a few drops of food coloring.
- Spread the icing on cookies with spatula.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 29g|
|Recipe makes 30 servings|
|Calories from Fat 57||44%|
|Total Fat 6.51g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 4.0g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.72g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|