Las Vegas Recipe Guru Summerlin Corn Beef with Roasted Onions and Potatoes Recipe
This dish can be served as a stand alone for a late night meal or for breakfast with eggs. It is best with eggs cooked over easy. Served with a Mimosa on Sunday morning makes for a nice special breakfast!!
Cost per serving $0.52 view details
- 6 lbs cooked fresh corn beef
- 3 yellow onions, peeled and wedged in eighths
- 3 lbs small white potatoes, cut in ½ in cubes
- 2oz fresh Rosemary
- 1 oz Canadian Steak Seasoning
- 2 oz Virgin Olive Oil
- Non –Stick foil
- Open corn beef and place in large Crock Pot.
- Fill the Crock Pot with water only about ½ inch. Water does not need to cover all the corn beef.
- Fresh corn beef usually comes with a seasoning packet. Sprinkle seasoning packet on meat and in the water.
- Place lid on Crock Pot and turn on high.
- When water is boiling, Crock Pot can be placed on low.
- Simmer 4 to 6 hours, until corn beef is tender.
- Line a sheet pan with Non Stick foil.
- Cut the potatoes in ½ inch cubes and place on a sheet pan
- Peel and cut the onions in ½ inch wedges and place on same sheet pan with potatoes.
- Add oil, Canadian Steak Seasoning and the Rosemary.
- Mix all ingredients until they appear proportionate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place potatoes and onions in oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Rotate pan or mix potatoes and onions around after 15 minutes.
- When corn beef is done, take out of crock pot and place on another sheet pan to set for about 20 minutes to half hour.
- After corn beef has set, break apart corn beef in small pieces and place in a large skillet. Corn beef should be tender enough to break apart.
- Take potatoes and onions out of oven and transfer them to the skillet.
- Mix everything in skillet until proportionate.
- If some browning is desired, the stove can be turned on at medium for about 20 minutes. No need to oil pan as there should be enough residue within the mixture.
- Dish is ready to serve
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 297g|
|Recipe makes 15 servings|
|Calories from Fat 347||61%|
|Total Fat 38.56g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 12.22g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.37g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|