Las Vegas Recipe Guru Jalapeno Marinated Carrots and Onions Recipe
This is a real great vegetable snack with a kick. If you like more hotness, just add more peppers and juice. Add another jar for more peppers if desired. The longer it sits the better.
Cost per serving $0.13 view details
- 1 lb. fresh carrots, peeled and cut in 1 in thin sticks
- 2 white onions, quartered
- 8 oz sliced jar jalapenos
- 2 oz lemon juice
- Drain the jalapeno peppers and keep the juice for later step.
- In large well oiled skillet, saute carrots over medium heat.
- Add onions to carrots about 5 minutes later.
- Cook until carrots and onions are just tender, not too soft.
- Add jalapenos at the very last minute, turn off heat right away and let cool. Be careful when adding jalapenos, do not let them splatter.
- Add gently and stir into carrots and onions.
- After cooling, add the pepper and lemon juice, mix in, and transfer to a good Tupperware container to refrigerate.
- Let chill for at least 4 hours.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 36g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||8%|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.1g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|