Homemade Flour Tortillas Recipe
Once you try these you will never buy ready-made tortillas from the store again!
Cost per serving $0.02 view details
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- The water should be as hot as you can handle touching with your hands
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in shortening until a coarse meal texture is achieved.
- Add water slowly, mixing with hands to make a soft dough.
- Knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Oil the top and let rise in a bowl, covered with a clean dish towel for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough to 12 golf ball sized portions.
- Roll out to size and thickness desired.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat in a dry skillet until top is bubbly, then turn and cook for a minute, being careful to not overcook.
- Keep stacked and warm inside a clean dish towel.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 16g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 7||16%|
|Total Fat 0.81g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.18g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.24g|
|Total Carbs 7.95g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|