Fabulous Pork Tenderloin Recipe
I know that's a bold title, but this Pork Tenderloin is truly phenomenal. The sauce has a mix of Thai and Middle Eastern flavors that is harmonious and unforgettable at the same time. It's also really easy to make but looks and tastes like what you would get in a 4 star restaurant. An all around winner!
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 jalapeno or serrano peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped (we did 1/2 because of our kids)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 pork tenderloins (1-2 pounds each)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 5 Tbsp coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a mini food processor or a small bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients. Put the tenderloins in a zip-lock bag and pour in the marinade. Turn the tenderloins in the bag to coat them evenly. Close the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Put the pork in a roasting pan with the marinade and pour 1/2 cup of the broth in the pan. Roast for about 35 minutes or until the meat is 160 F at the center.
- Put the tenderloins on a serving platter and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes and then slice it thinly.
- Meanwhile, put the roasting pan on top of the stove and add the remaining 1 cup chicken broth, the lime juice, and coconut milk. Cook over med-hi heat for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in the cilantro. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Pour over the pork slices and serve immediately.
- We had simple sides of baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, and a fresh cucumber/lemon salad. The potatoes were perfect because we could use them to sop up the delicious sauce!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 189g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 103||53%|
|Total Fat 11.71g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3.64g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 4.45g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|