Easy Southwest Cesar Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $0.56 view details
- 1 Romaine heart
- 1 cup of black beans drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1 small tomato (any variety will work)
- 1/3 red onion
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup of light cesar dressing
- Rinse all produce before you start.
- Cut Jalapeno in half and mince. Lightly toast in a small pan and set aside.
- Cut your romaine heart in thirds, lengthwise. Then chop up each row in 1 inch pieces. Toss in a large salad bowl.
- Add corn and black beans
- Finely chop Cilantro. Add to salad bowl
- Slice red onion and add to bowl.
- Grate cheese and add 1/3 cup to salad
- In a small bowl whisk dressing, lime juice and toasted jalapeno.
- Toss dressing in with salad. There should only be enough dressing to very lightly coat the salad. Trust me; there is A LOT of flavor.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 139g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 41||17%|
|Total Fat 4.72g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.56g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.98g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||29%|