Crispy buttermilk fried chicken Recipe
Servings: 8 pieces
Cost per serving $0.90 view details
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 c butter milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 fryer chicken cut in 8 pieces
- 4 c oil
- In a 13x9x2 in baking pan
- Whisk together flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and paprika, in a medium size bowl,
- whisk together butter milk, eggs, baking powder and baking soda until smooth
- Dip each piece of chicken into butter milk mixture. Shaking off excess.
- Roll in flour mixture and dip in butter milk and flour mixture a second time.
- Place on baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. Refrigerate while heating oil.
- Heat oven to 175degrees. Place oil in a large lidded heavy bottom dutch oven.
- Heat oil to 360 degrees over med heat. Place half of the chicken pieces, skin side down, in the oil.
- Cover and reduce heat to med. Fry chicken for 7 to 8
- minutes or until golden brown.
- Check after 4 minutes to be sure chicken is browning evenly.
- Rearrange if necessary. Flip chicken over and fry an additional
- 7 to 8 minutes or until golden
- Place back on baking sheet fitted with wire rack and place in oven to keep warm.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 370g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1312||76%|
|Total Fat 147.74g||185%|
|Saturated Fat 21.03g||84%|
|Trans Fat 2.81g|
|Total Carbs 61.77g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|