Creole Potato Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $0.80 view details
- Ingredients: Vegetables
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 pounds potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- - salt and pepper
- Ingredients: Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 packet dry Good Seasons® Italian Salad dressing mix
- Method: Eggs
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan.
- Add enough cold water to cover eggs with 1 inch of water.
- Cover pan and bring just to a boil, over high heat.
- Remove from heat and let stand about 15 minutes for large eggs.
- (Adjust time up or down by 3 minutes for each size larger or
- After 15 minutes, pour off the hot water and rapidly cool eggs by running them under cold water until completely cooled.
- Drain and peel the eggs immediately.
- Slice eggs about ⅛ inch thick and set aside.
- Method: Potatoes
- Cover potatoes with salted cold water by 2 inches in a 3-quart saucepan and simmer uncovered until just tender, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on size of potatoes.
- While potatoes are simmering, chop carrots and bell pepper about ⅛ inch thick and set aside.
- Slice celery about ⅛ inch thick and set aside.
- Drain potatoes in a colander.
- When potatoes are just cool enough to handle, peel and slice with a mandoline slicer 1.5 mm thick, about 1/16 inch.
- Method: Salad
- In a large bowl alternate layers, about ⅓ cup each, of chopped carrots, chopped bell pepper and sliced celery.
- Follow with a layer of potatoes and a layer eggs.
- Season layers to taste with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until all vegetables are used.
- Do not stir.
- Mix vinegar, water and oil. Add seasoning, if using Good Seasons ® mix. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 257g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 164||58%|
|Total Fat 18.51g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 1.43g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.47g|
|Total Carbs 26.6g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|