Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Biscotti Recipe
This Outrageous rich Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Biscotti is created from premade banana bread that starts with a cake mix. Yummy!
Cost per serving $0.16 view details
- 1 (15.25 oz) box chocolate cake mix (I used devil’s food)
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, mashed bananas and water in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer or whisk until well blended, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in the peanut butter chips. Evenly divide the batter between the 2 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove and let finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300 °F. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Slice the Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread loaf across the middle horizontally. Then, slice the loaf into thin pieces that are each about 1 inch thick. Lightly brush one side of each slice with honey and place on the cooling rack.
- Bake until golden and crispy, about 40 minutes. Take out of the oven and cool on the rack for at least 10 minutes. The biscotti will become crispier as they cool.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 48g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 56||40%|
|Total Fat 6.31g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.24g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 20.2g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|