Carrot Kheer Recipe
Cost per serving $2.23 view details
- 500gram grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee)
- 500 ml milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup dry fruits as per choice
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut powder
- sugar to taste optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Rinse, peel and grate the carrot.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the nuts and desiccated coconut powder.
- Grind all the nuts with coconut powder and transfer them to a separate bowl.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom deep pan on medium- low flame.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Pour the milk over roasted carrots and mix well.
- Keep on stirring in between.
- When it starts to boil reduce the flame.
- Add the dry fruits mixture and mix well. Cook on a low flame for another 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add condensed milk, mix well and cook for 2 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Add sugar(optional)cook around 5 minutes until it starts to thicken, stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well. Cook for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Carrot Kheer
- Garnish and Serve warm or chilled as per your choice.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 632g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 411||50%|
|Total Fat 47.58g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 34.53g||138%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 87.03g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|