Caraway Rye Rolls or Sliders Recipe
Perfect as rolls, or as sliders for corned beef sandwiches. Bake them apart on baking sheets for sliders, or in a 9 x 13 baking pan for pan rolls. I used a bread machine on the dough setting, then shaped, and baked in oven, but you can also make these in the conventional yeast roll method without a bread machine.
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 cups flour (bread flour or all purpose)
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine pan in order recommended by manufacturer. Select Dough setting and press Start. (Without a bread machine, just make these using the traditional roll method.
- When Dough cycle is over, turn dough out onto a lightly floured bread board or countertop.
- Divide dough into 12 or 16 equal size pieces.
- For slider rolls, form into elongated shapes and place on a greased jelly roll-size baking pan. For pan rolls, arrange in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Cover lightly with clean dish towel and allow to raise 30-45 minutes until doubled in size. (Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. the last 10-15 minutes of proof time.)
- Bake in preheated oven: Individual rolls or sliders, about 12-14 minutes; pan rolls 14-16 minutes approximately.
- Yield: 1.5 pounds dough will make make 16 sliders or 12-16 pan rolls.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 42g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||15%|
|Total Fat 1.76g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.87g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.21g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|