Beef Tenderloin Stew Recipe
I learned this from one of my Newsletters... it is quite same with my version with a different twist. I like it too with steamed rice.
Cost per recipe $18.29 view details
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes, rinsed (1/2 inch)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup small white button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh baby green pea (or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, fat trimmed (cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and the oil in a large nonstick skillet- Add potatoes, carrots and mushrooms.
- Cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until vegetables are soft when pierced and lightly browned.
- Add onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, peas and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute until fragrant- Cover and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter in another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot and foaming.
- Sprinkle meat with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper; add to skilet and cook 2 to 4 minutes, turning meat until browned on all sides.
- Add to vegetables; stir to mix- Transfer to a platter.
- Add wine and broth to skillet and boil 10 seconds- Pour over stew and serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1032g|
|Calories from Fat 769||49%|
|Total Fat 86.16g||108%|
|Saturated Fat 35.62g||142%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.17g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.2g||44%|