BBQ Pork Puffs Recipe
Cost per recipe $1.46 view details
- 2 sheets store bought puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk (beaten for egg wash)
- sesame seeds
- some flour for dusting
- 250g Char Siu (BBQ pork), diced into small pieces
- some chopped coriander leaves(I used spring onions)
- 1 tsp garlic
- some olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine
- dashes white pepper
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and then stir-fry to light brown before adding the Char Siu.
- Add in the sauce, spring onion and cook till sauce becomes thick and sticky. Dish out the filing and let cool.
- Cut the pastry sheets into 10cm squares.
- Add about a heap of filing to the center of the pastry. Fold the puff pastry over to form a triangle. Do not overfill. Seal the edge tightly by pressing firmly with your fingers. Make sure there is no leakage.
- After sealing, use a knife to cut the uneven edge to form a uniform triangle. Use the back of the fork to make a pattern around the edges.
- Brush the top of the puff with some egg wash. Sprinkle the white sesame seeds on the top and place the puff on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 175 Deg C and bake the puff until they turn golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 146g|
|Calories from Fat 28||9%|
|Total Fat 3.12g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.46g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 74.17g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|