Tex-Mex Tacos Recipe
Rice, corn, chicken and some spice. Serve alone or in tortillas.
Cost per serving $1.03 view details
- 1 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Fresh Oregano,Â finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Rice, uncooked
- 2-1/2 cups Tomato Juice
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 cup Corn
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbs Fresh Cilantro,Â chopped
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice
- 12 oz Chicken Breast, cooked
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet set over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and tomato juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover tightly.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Fluff rice with a fork and increase heat to medium.
- Stir in beans, corn, and Ketchup.
- Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in fresh herb and lime juice.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 169g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||18%|
|Total Fat 6.0g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.88g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 46.83g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.1g||24%|