Simple Grilled Lamb Chops Recipe
Lamb is my favorite meat. While I often enjoy rubbing it or marinating it in bold flavors, grilling it simply with mild herbs that enhance it's natural flavor is one of my all time favorites. For my birthday this year, we grilled some tasty lamb chops as described below. I adapted the recipe from one by Giada De Laurentiis. It's a winner!
- 6 lamb chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, and salt. Pulse until combined. Pour in the olive oil and pulse into a paste. Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or 1 hour in the refrigerator. If you refrigerate, remove from refrigerator and allow the chops to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Heat your grill to high heat until almost smoking, add the chops and sear on one side for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3 1/2 minutes for medium.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 9g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||92%|
|Total Fat 6.91g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.0g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.27g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|