Roasted Monkfish Recipe
This stunning monkfish recipe will wow your friends and family and it's quite easy to make. The firm meaty fish contrasts beautifully with the salty ham - the sweet red pepper stuffing and the acidity of the lemon and lime sauce. We first thought of this recipe when we had some extra fussy friends coming for Christmas lunch. They turned their noses up at the traditional Christmas fare and were expecting something out of the ordinary. The Roasted Monkfish Recipe went down a treat and they even insisted on having the recipe. So here it is for you .... give it a try you'll love it!
- One whole monkfish - filleted and trimmed of all skin
- 4 Ounces of jamon serrano, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- For the Stuffing
- 1 Onion - finely chopped.
- 2 Cloves of garlic - finely chopped.
- 1 16oz. Jar of roasted red peppers.
- 1 Small glass of dry sherry - Fino.
- 2 Tablespoons of EVOO (extra virgen olive oil)
- 1 Teaspoon of tomato puree
- For the Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped flatleaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped coriander
- 1 Clove of garlic - chopped
- A little EVOO to fry
- 1 Lime - juice and zest.
- 1 Lemon - juice of.
- 2 ozs. Butter from the fridge - chopped into 1/2" cubes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium non stick fry pan sweat the onions off in the olive oil until soft.
- Reduce the heat add your garlic - cook for a further five minutes.
- Add the red peppers (the preserved ones are even better than fresh for this recipe).
- Then add the sherry and tomato puree and cook until reduced to a sticky paste.
- Leave it to cool to room temperature.
- Now - on a roasting tray - arrange your slices of jamon in a row overlapping to keep the stuffing in.
- Then spread with the stuffing all over the jamon - leaving some to go between the Monkfish fillets.
- Right - put your Monkfish fillets on top of the jamon slices - spread the rest of the stuffing between them and squeeze them together.
- Now - carefully roll the Monkfish in the Jamon until you have a sausage shape.
- Roast in the oven - at 350f/175c./Gas 4 for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce - cook the garlic gently in the oil.
- Add the parsley coriander, lemon and lime and reduce until almost dry.
- Then whisk in the butter until you have a gleaming sauce.
- Now you're ready to serve - spoon some of the sauce onto 4 warmed plates.
- Cut the Monkfish into steaks and place on top of the sauce.
- Serve....and wait for the praise!!!!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 191g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 167||67%|
|Total Fat 18.94g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 8.31g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|