Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnaps and Walnuts Recipe
We were treated to this wonderful cheesecake when visiting our good friends in Pasadena. It was beautiful and truly delicious. Marci adapted it from a recipe in Bon Appetit back in 2003. This makes a wonderful dessert for after a Holiday party.
Cost per serving $1.33 view details
- For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs (I used regular gingersnaps, and you can also use Midel brand gluten free gingersnaps)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- For the Filling
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- walnut halves or pecan halves, for garnishing
- FOR CRUST: Preheat oven to 350 F. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with foil. Place gingershaps into a 1-gallon plastic freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. Measure out the 1 1/2 cups and combine them with the butter and sugar in a bowl. Press mixture into bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of the pan. Bake crust about 5 minutes until slightly browned. Set aside. Maintain oven temperature.
- FOR FILLING: Bring the cream cheese to room temperature. Blend the cream cheese and sugar in a food pocessor or heavy duty mixer until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and spices. Mix or Process until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl for a nice homogenous mixture. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake cheesecake until the center is set (doesn't slide in the middle when the pan is wiggled) and edges begin to crack, about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack.
- Chill uncovered until cold, at least 6 hours. (Can be made a day ahead, cover and keep it chilled, but don't make it any more than a day in advance.). Run a knife around between the crust and pan sides and remove sides. Arrange walnuts or pecans decoratively on cake.
- Serve plain or with a dollop of plain or whisky whipped cream
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 250||55%|
|Total Fat 28.45g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 15.13g||61%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.68g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|