Penne with shrimp and zucchine Recipe
This is a great weeknight meal, because it is simple and takes little time to make. It so light and fresh tasting.
Servings: 4 Servings
Cost per serving $2.12 view details
- 1 lb shrimp (for convenience I buy it cleaned, shell off)
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3-4 zucchine finely chopped (I pulse them in a food processor)
- salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 lb. penne pasta (I prefer Barilla)
- Before getting started, put your pasta water to boil. Do not salt the water until it is boiling hard. When the water is boiling and salted, add the pound of pasta, and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally. The shrimp and zucchine should take a little bit longer to cook than the pasta, so time your pasta accordingly.
- In a large skillet, heat about 4 tablespoons olive oil. When it is really hot, saute the shallot and garlic until soft. Next, add the chopped zucchine and cook for about 5 minutes. When the zucchine is mostly cooked, add the shrimp and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste.
- When shrimp cooked through, drain the pasta and toss it with the shrimp/zucchine mixture. At this point add the chopped fresh parsley, and perhaps some additional olive oil to keep a nice consistency. As any Italian will tell you, never add any parmesan cheese to your seafood pasta dishes. Enjoy the simplicity of your beautiful ingredients.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 229g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||6%|
|Total Fat 3.72g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 85.95g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|