Kalakand is a popular Indian sweets made out of solidified, sweetened milk and cottage cheese. Kalakand is made in India during festivals and celebrations. A huge pan is kept on a flame and large amount of milk is boiled stirring it continuously till it is thickened with sugar and dry fruits.
- Ricotta Cheese-1 can(you can also use paneer/indian cottage cheese)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk-400 gm
- Chopped Almond-1 tbsp
- Chopped Pistachio-1 tbsp
- Rose water-1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- 1-In a microwave safe large bowl add ricotta Cheese and Condensed Milk,Stir with a whisk so that ricotta cheese lumps are dissolved.
- 2-Microwave it for 4 minutes, uncovered.Take out and whisk well,Repeat this process for 2 more times.After every 2 minutes,stir with a spoon.
- 3-Again Microwave for 2 mins covered.Take out and mix.repeat 3 times.Microwave again uncovered for 4 minutes.
- 4-I microwaved this total for 18 minutes,Now it should be semi solid.Add cardamon powder and rose water.Mix properly.
- 5-Pour this mixture into rectangle dish or a plate,flatten the mixture,Garnish with chopped almond and chopped pistachio over it.
- 6-While the mix is still hot,make cuts with a knife to form squares.Let it cool,then Keep it refrigerated for 1 hour.
- 7-Now kalakand is ready,Cut into square pieces and serve.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 26g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 22||29%|
|Total Fat 2.53g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.52g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.21g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|