Grilled Shrimp copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati Recipe
This is one of my favorite ways to eat shrimp. A healthy recipe and a great substitute for grilled hamburgers. From my best selling book The Basic Art of Italian Cooking and BLOG The Basic Art of Italian Cooking by Maria Liberati tm at http://www.marialiberati.com/blog2
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic, mashed to a paste with 1 teaspoon coarse salt.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus oil for brushing shrimp
- 16 jumbo shrimp (about 10 per pound)
- four bamboo skewers
- In a large bowl stir together garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, and 3 tablespoons oil and add shrimp. Marinate shrimp, covered and chilled, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To grill, thread 4 shrimp on each skewer and brush with additional oil. Grill shrimp on an oiled rack, set about 5 inches over glowing coals, 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
- Alternatively, brush shrimp with additional oil and grill in a hot well-season ridged grill pan, covered, over moderately high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 43g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 96||73%|
|Total Fat 10.9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 0.97g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.26g|
|Total Carbs 3.72g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|