Grilled Chicken Breast with Chimichurri Recipe
This simple to make sauce and marinade is one of the best parts of Argentinian cooking. While I've normally eaten Chimichurri with steak, it is possibly even more delicious with white meat chicken. You won't be disappointed.
Cost per serving $3.29 view details
- 6 Chicken breast halves, boned and flattened (with or without skin)
- 10 cloves garlic - peeled
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley (stems removed)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (none if for kids)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Chimichurri sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Sauce: In a food processor or strong blender, puree the garlic. Add the parsley and finely chop. Add the oil, vinegar, water or broth, and seasonings. Process until blended. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Should be flavorful and spicy, and should taste good as is.
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients and stir. Put chicken breasts in a zip lock bag and pour in marinade. Turn until coated evenly. Refrigerate for 30 min to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill the chicken for 8-10 on one side and 6-8 minutes on the other.
- Place on a platter and serve the remaining sauce on the side.
- Goes well with greens (broccoli rabe, kale, mustard greens, etc.) mashed potatoes, or rice.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 301g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 593||74%|
|Total Fat 66.67g||83%|
|Saturated Fat 12.11g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.25g|
|Total Carbs 5.7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|