Garlic-Butter Octopus Jalisco-style Recipe
Cost per serving $2.57 view details
- 2 lbs Octopus (baby Octopus if you can find it)
- 3 T butter
- 8 cloves fresh garlic sliced
- Kosher Salt (generously sprinkled)
- Fresh ground black pepper (lightly sprinkled)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high
- Rinse and cut the octopus into small, bit size pieces (1/2 inch chunks) and place in a medium bowl
- Mix the sliced garlic in with the octopus
- Sprinkle salt and light pepper on the garlic and octopus
- Tear a sheet of aluminum foil about 3 feet in length. Fold it in half. Place octopus and garlic on one side of the foil (the other end will be folded over later).
- Slice the butter and spread place it evenly on top of the octopus and garlic.
- Fold the empty half of the foil over the octopus and crimp the edges of the foil so that the foil package is fully sealed. Poke one small hole in the top of the foil.
- Place the foil on the grill, close lid, and grill for 6 minutes. Turn the package over with tongs, and grill for another 6 minutes.
- Remove octopus, open package, and serve as soon as possible. Lime or lemon wedges, cilantro, and fresh corn tortillas make great sides to serve with this dish!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 115g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 22||28%|
|Total Fat 2.45g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.17g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.31g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|