French Rice Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the rice. Turn heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, pepper flakes, and remaining tsp. salt.
- Add rice to dressing and toss to combine. Add spinach, toss, and let sit until no longer steaming, about 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 157g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 166||45%|
|Total Fat 18.84g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 5.64g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.12g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|