Easy Tortilla Española Recipe
Cost per serving $3.99 view details
- 8 Large Eggs
- 8 ounces Potato Chips (Your favorite "Plain Salted" kind) *I like the Kettle style
- 6 ounces good extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Malton sea salt flakes (or Morton's Kosher Salt)
- In a medium stainless steel bowl add 6 eggs, salt,and pepper to the potato chips.
- Mix and break the chips up just a little until no egg whites are apparent, and set aside.
- In a small stainless steel bowl beat the 7th egg and pour on top of potato chip / egg mixture (let rest for 6 minutes).
- While chips are resting heat up a small 9 " diameter saute pan (I like case iron, but any type will work) .
- Add 3 ounces of your oil to the pan and heat.
- Once oil is very hot, but not smoking, add your mix.
- Stir with a wooden or heat proof plastic spoon very rapidly for about 10 seconds, just to make sure the eggs don't stick to your pan.
- Then carefully swirl the pan for an additional 10 seconds just to verify hat nothing has stuck.
- Cook for 60 seconds
- With a large plate, place it over the pan and flip out the tortilla so that he raw side is facing down on the plate.
- Let your pan regain heat, and remove any debris that may have stuck.
- Add your remaining oil and heat.
- Finally slide the tortilla raw side down back into your pan and cook for additional 60 seconds.
- Remove and enjoy (Remember, the tortilla is best when the egg is a little runny inside and the outside is crispy and golden, you don't want his dry.
- *1/4 white onion, jullienned, and clarified can be added to your original potato/ egg mix for additional flavor)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 396g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1302||79%|
|Total Fat 147.17g||184%|
|Saturated Fat 30.3g||121%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.6g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|