Italian Short Pastry Dough Recipe
Cost per serving $0.11 view details
- 400g butter
- 150 g whole egg
- 15 g salt ( and black pepper if you like)
- 60 g grana padano cheese (grated fine)
- 50 g All Purpose flour
- 30g water (+as needed)
- 3 g active dry yeast
- Pam or Pan spray
- * Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whip butter in mixer on medium speed.
- Adjust your mixer to low speed and add your eggs until they
- have become completely incorporated.
- Turn of mixer and either transfer mix to a larger stainless steel bowl or if your mixing bowl is already large, continue the process in it.
- Fold in flour, salt, AP flour, water and yeast.
- * You may have to adjust your water amount. The mix should appear to be a hard dough like clay in consistency.
- With a rolling pin and your own 2 hands, roll dough out to a 1/6 to 1/4 inch thick.
- With cookie cutters or even scissors punch out dough to desired shape.
- Place on a well pan-sprayed baking sheet, or silpat, or press into tart molds depending on your mood.
- *When using tart molds, I like to cut parchment or wax paper to the size of the tart mold and use dry small white beans as weight to keep the tart shape. The beans and most times the parchment can be reused over and over. Be sure to store both in an air-tight container when not being used.
- Place in your refrigerator for 15 minutes in order for the butter to solidify and tighten up the dough.
- Place in oven and bake for 8 - 10 minutes until lightly golden.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 15g|
|Recipe makes 40 servings|
|Calories from Fat 74||91%|
|Total Fat 8.46g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.24g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.02g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|