Curry Goat Recipe
I was watching a cookery program and the presenter was speaking to an old West Indian man and were discussing various dishes.
He mentioned Curry Goat (not Goat curry) was a famous West Indian dish.
It got me curious so researched it .
There are many recipes but this is easy and very tasty.
- 1Kg Goat Meat or/Mutton cut into bite size pieces
- ½ bunch Scallion/Spring Onion chopped
- 1 ½ large Onion chopped
- 2 Hot Chilli Peppers minced and seeded
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbs curry powder
- 1 Tbs butter
- Veg oil (to fry)
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 Cups chicken stock
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 Lime
- In a lge bowl combine Goat, Scallions, half the Onions, Chilli peppers, allspice, salt and pepper, and 2 Tbs curry powder.
- Mix the ingredients together coating meat well, Cover bowl and leave in Fridge over night.
- In a large pot add oil and heat over medium heat till hot, add one tablespoon curry powder and stir it into the oil, fry powder for 2 mins stirring constantly ,do not burn!!
- Add remaining onions and cook till tender, add Garlic and marinated Goat Meat and mix well.
- Add stock, coconut milk and Lime juice, bring to boil, then turn down heat cover pot and simmer for 2/3 hours till tender add water if needed.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 495g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 136||33%|
|Total Fat 15.63g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 9.12g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.39g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|