Bananas baked in coffee Recipe
My son has just returned from a fishing trip to Madagascar,
This dessert was served on a couple of occasions and he wangled the recipe from the chef on the boat.
Easy to prepare and delicious.
Any firm fruit can be used
Cost per serving $1.76 view details
- 4 large, firm bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthways
- 250ml cup very strong black espresso style coffee
- 180ml coffee liqueur
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ice cream
- Place the sliced bananas in a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Mix the coffee,sugar and liqueur and pour over the bananas.
- Place in an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees C and bake for 20 minutes.
- Grate dark chocolate (or chocolate of your choice) over the bananas just before before removing it from the oven.
- Serve warm with Ice Cream or custard.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 228g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 87||27%|
|Total Fat 9.65g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.85g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.15g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|