Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $1.20 view details
- 8 x Redfish fillets - (8 ounce ea) Salt to taste Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 c. Yellow cornmeal
- 1 c. Masa flour Oil for pan-frying
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage link cut into eight two-oz portions see * Note Spicy Red Bean Sauce see * Note Grilled Green Onion Coulis see * Note Hushpuppies see * Note
- 16 x Grilled green onions
- Season each fillet with salt and cayenne. In a pie pan, combine the cornmeal and masa together. Season the mix with salt and cayenne.
- In a large saute/fry pan, heat sufficient oil to pan-fry the fish. When the oil is warm, carefully lay the fish in the oil. Fry half of the fish for 3 to 4 min on each side, or possibly till the fillets are golden brown and crispy. Remove the fillets from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Repeat the process for the remaining fillets. Season the fish with salt and cayenne.
- In a saute/fry pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is warm, sear the Andouille Sausage for 2 min on each side and remove from the pan. Drain the sausage on a paper-lined plate.
- To assemble, spoon a small pool of the Spicy Red Bean Sauce in the center of the plate. Lay the fillet in the center of the sauce. Drizzle the Grilled Green Onions Coulis over the fish and around the rim. Garnish the plate with the Hushpuppies, sausage and green onions.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: The original recipe title as listed is "Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies".
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 108g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 193||62%|
|Total Fat 21.55g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.21g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|